Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The impact of two people

Hi people who read the things I blabble about - first of all I wanted to state that as always I am sorry I haven't posted for a while as a full time student I wish I had the free time to blog everyday but unlike other known bloggers out there, blogging has always been something of a hobby of mine. I would love to be some well known name with a lot of following but that takes a lot of time and also money, as a student I can't always go out and buy new clothes (I really wish I could) I live in England while my parents live in Dubai so I budget for myself over here, being as much of an 'adult' as I can be. I have just got into university therefore as I complete my exams and finally finish A levels I can maybe/hopefully have time to fulltime blog and who knows
where that will take me.
As an art student my life revolves around being given project titles and having to come up with whole concepts for each subject - for A levels I take Textiles, History of Art and Photography. For my last exam topic in Photography my title is Flaws, Perfections, Imperfections and Compromises, from that I decided to choose relationships because I came across an article about a photographer called Maud Chalard who explained her work as "I try to capture the deep feeling of love and share hope with the generation who thinks love is lost". This quote is something I very much agree with as our generation is exposed to reality TV shows where people kiss strangers, shag their best friend's girl and cause a lot of fake drama about relationships.
As a teenager I had experienced a lot of relationships from people around me - mostly bad so I like most didn't believe in love. As cheesy as this is going to sound, that all changed when I met my boyfriend. I am 18 and now live with him - many tell me I am young and naive, they can think that but I know who I am and don't care what people say. Our generation is one that grows up quicker than many - look at what people say about Kylie Jenner (that girl is hot 'for her age'). As Maud Chalard's work inspired me so much I decided to use her as inspiration for my project and 'recreate' the beautiful images she took.
From my project and being able to create such, in my opinion, special images I came up with another 'project'. I have decided to make my blog - vintagerunways into vintagerunways X omh - from now on this isn't just my blog this is mine and Oscar's blog. I know of people who blog with their sisters or their friends but I don't know of any people who blog with their partner. Most people keep their relationship very private and I ofcourse do to an extent but I am public with it because I really do want to show people my age love does exist and to not stoop to the one night stand level.
I and Oscar will turn this platform into something where we can share the happiness we share, the fun we create, the friendship we have, the ups and the downs to show people and mostly our generation that has given up to try again. We are open to questions, advice and being open - we hope you come on this journey with us and enjoy it as much as we have.
Oscar is a 23 year old artist (VERY TALENTED) with an amazing heart and a great sense of style - we share clothes from each others wardrobes and of late he steals my hair bands. I have been able to share my feelings and what I do with a following and I believe it is his time too to share the amazing talent he has. I will do the usual outfit posts and so will he, in addition to some together, videos together along with sharing our relationship. In the mean time check out Oscar's art on both instagram here and his website www.oscar-mitchellheggs.squarespace.com.









Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© vintagerunways x omh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig