Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My style inspiration

What's the key to a good blog? I believe the key to a good blog is that it is visually stimulating, has good writing and is personal. Blogs are meant to be about the person who is writing it ofcourse, however I believe that many bloggers just post outfit posts as they think that is the point however I started my blog as basically a diary and I became a blogger when the world didn't actually know much about blogging, as there were very few, but now basically everyone has a blog. I know I am not so famous or successful yet I have worked very hard and been given some amazing opportunities so I love blogging and want to continue for myself,
not anyone else. I have a good camera but tbh not the best lense so for my birthday I have asked for a better lense and an led light ring as that will help me gain better looking outfit post images for my blog. I then realised what else could I do instead of outfit posts, well it is my blog and personal so I can post whatever I like or whatever I think..

So here I am sitting in my converted warehouse apartment in London with the rain pouring down outside so I am watching it and listening to the sounds, Oscar is in the kitchen making food talking to himself and me, I am aweing over fashion inspiration as I start uni in 12 days and begin my new venture as a student, studying fashion buying. 

Everyone knows the Kardashians and Kim in particular, most girls nowadays if asked who their style inspiration was, would say Kim or Kylie or even all of them. Everyone follows them on social media and contours like them, they even have their own apps now oh and Kanye (Kim's husband) has declared he is running for President in 2020, so the Kardashians basically want to take over the world and everyone else's life one way or another. Don't get me wrong I do follow them and like some of the things they wear etc however if I was asked who my style inspiration was I would say, Lara Bingle - however now known as Lara Worthington.

Lara Bingle is an Australian model and tv personality however I would also say business women and style icon. She became famous for an advert when she was 18 and everything went from there, she has been on the cover of Elle, Grazia, Oyster, CLEO and New Idea along with staring in reality shows, including Australia's Next Top Model and her own show called Being Lara Bingle - if you haven't watched it already you HAVE to!! Anyway despite her career it is her amazing choice of clothes, minimal makeup and sexy cropped hair that I love her for. If I could be someone for a day, be best friends with a celeb, raid someone's closet, it would be Lara Bingle. I wish I knew where she got all her clothes from - maybe if she had an app like the Kardashians, however she is unique, gorgeous and not skinny skinny, but the girl as an amazing figure!! She is now a mummy and a yummy mummy at that.

The images are obviously not mine, but I have but the 'collages' together to show just how amazing her style is - she likes a lot of minimalism, not much colour or pattern however she likes unusual shapes and textures. I do know that some of her favourite designers include Dion Lee, Acne and Celine. I hope if you didn't know who this gorgeous lady was, you do now! She is the modern day Marilyn Monroe in my opinion. Thank you Lara for always visually satisfying my fashion feed.   









Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© vintagerunways x omh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig