Saturday, September 19, 2015

My go to healthy breakfast: Smoothie Bowl


Spending this weekend with family and University is slowing getting closer and closer, only 9 days to go now!!! Anyway I have recently been posting pictures of an interesting green looking consistency with fruit on top of it on both my instagram and snapchat and some people have asked me what it is! Well..
it is called a smoothie bowl - well atleast that is what I call it! The idea came from seeing what is called an acai bowl (you may be familiar with that if not dw) I then just improvised from there. I love smoothies in general and green smoothies at that, I didn't get my recipes from anywhere I believe it is all about trial and error.

Smoothie: 
  • handful of spinach 
  • 1 banana
  • 1 apple peeled and cut
  • strawberries
  • Vita coconut water 
(I sometimes add blueberries as well or no strawberries and blueberries instead but as I said what every you like)

Then on top:
  • oats 
  • any fruit you want
  • or chia seeds too
(for the process on top you basically cover the smoothie in oats on the top - that is the base to 'lay' the fruit - cut any fruit you would like and place it on top, you know you want to take the time and make it look pretty!!!)


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© vintagerunways x omh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig