Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I have fallen for Yeezy season 2


Right now it is 3:15am in London and I just can't sleep my mind is off on one with so many ideas and things going on, so I was searching my feed and ofcourse came across Yeezy season 2. I am trying to type as quietly as I can because Oscar is sleeping, however I so felt the need to write this post. I can't lie and say Kanye West hasn't made some mistakes in his career but
what I can say is the man makes good music and believes in art so he is an inspiration in that way.

I loved Yeezy season 1 when it came out and I love the Yeezy boost 350's however I never had enough money to buy them when they came out!! But compared to my reaction to Yeezy season 1 I seemed to have an even bigger reaction to Yeezy season 2 I LOVEEEEEEED it as soon as I saw pictures on instagram of the show. I then was on my Facebook and saw an article about the collection saying "Yeezy season 2 shows just how much money it takes to look poor" - I completely disagree. I believe as one of the new generation of fashion students we see fashion in a way that we want to wear something that is minimalistic, comfortable and basically looks like we didn't even try, just put the outfit together yet infact we tried so hard. We are a generation not so much about colour, or pattern or looking expensive, however I think the generation before us is and that is why they don't get Mr West's vibe.

The thing I love the most about his collection is the amazing hue of different colour variations, earthy, natural colours, they remind me of mankind, the different colours of where we are from around the world, our different ethnicities. Infact that is exactly what Kanye West has done, the show itself featured all different types of ethnicities, colours, and shapes and sizes - he is married to Kim Kardashian for god sake the woman is known for her body, her ass and her curves she isn't skinny skinny and it shows Kanye supports that and brings that into his show. The models were all heights, all hair colours, all races, they were the whole spectrum. He has created something that is comfy, wearable and looks damn fine on literally any body type and both male and female which is really hard to do! As a fashion buying student I want every piece and I want every piece for myself yet on a student budget I am sure I won't actually be able to afford it however thank you Mr Yeezy for visually stimulating fashion and me before I go off to bed! Love. Love. Love. One day maybe that will be me walking the runway for the man himself, one can dream.

Good night x






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© vintagerunways x omh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig