Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Thank You!

As I pre warned on the last posts I am posting all about 2012 yet this is my second and last post about last year. This is a HUGE post with like 90 photos haha but it has been a long year and I just couldn't resist! Anyway people say not to dwell on the past yet I am not so much dwelling on it more appreciating it, this past year has been huge for me, my modelling and ofcourse my blog. I have been lucky enough to meet some extremely famous faces like: Giuseppe Zanotti (who I didn't just meet I also got to model for), Miroslava Duma, Leona Lewis, John Rocha, Brad Goreski, Danii Minogue, Mischa Barton, Christian Louboutin, Poppy Delevigne, Taio Cruz, Henry Holland and Bip Ling to name some. 











My modelling career has fortunately taken off, as it is the path a want to take I am so grateful to be taking the steps forward I have always dreamed for so I wanted to thank my agents and every person I have worked with and for in 2012 I love what I do and I have got some amazing pictures in my portfolio now. I was lucky enough to model for, L'Officiel Magazine, Capital D, Ted Baker, Bloomingdales, Philip Lim, Boutique 1, Blue Marlin Ibiza, Iconic, Splash, OK! Magazine, West LA, Reemami, Giuseppe Zanotti, Londonize.me and so many more so thank you all so much and a big thank you to Mansoor who is an amazing photographer I have worked a lot with and who has created some of my favourite pictures yet!








      







  

    

      



    
























In addition the press and all you amazing PR people out there really have been such a blessing to me, helping me get myself out there including invites, packages, press etc so here is just a few publications I  was in over last year, yet there are so many more and each and every magazine I have been in I have in a big box in my room. Especially lots of me in Grazia ME (:. I also had the amazing opportunity to write fashion pages for the magazine 181 who even put me on their cover and did a whole 4 page spread on me so thank you so so much!






      



Probably one of the best moments for me of 2012 was when I found out I was nominated for the Middle East's Best Style Blogger at the Grazia Style Awards when I didn't even have my blog for a year and was up against people who had their blogs for years. I never expected to win but being nominated was amazing and going to the awards felt just like the Oscars hehe I got to meet some big people in the industry and had an amazing night but none of that would of happened if my amazing followers wouldn't of voted for me so I wanted to thank you all sooooo much for taking time to do that and lets hope this year I can be nominated again and maybe even win! *Fingers crossed!*



Then there's the amazing opportunities I have had to host not one but quite a few events for some amazing brands like: West LA, Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, The Kardashian's Collection, Rivaage Boutique and even a few more. Not only did I have the amazing privallage to host them I also have been invited to some amazing events which I loved so thank you all so much for that!








Not only has my blogging and modelling life of 2012 been amazing so have my travels, I had an AMAZING summer, travelling to Singapore (where I was born), Bali, New York, Pennsylvania, London etc and I even had my future read which was indeed one of the best things I have ever done, ever. My travels will hopefully continue to be as great this year and I hope to explore many more places I have never explored before and don't worry you will all get to hear about them as usual! 











Near the end of last year my blog (my baby) celebrated its first year being up, which to me was a huge thing, but it couldn't of happened without the support of every viewer so thank you all so so much in addition thank you for getting to to over 1000 followers on both my facebook page and instagram so goal for this year is 1000 followers on twitter ;) 


Another great thing I got to experience in 2012 was interning at ITP for Viva magazine, I loved it, getting to see how I magazine works, how it is put together, there was so much fashion and everything I loved in addition the girl I worked with was so super nice and really showed me what she did. You never know maybe one day I will end up working for a fashion magazine ;)




Another big thing was my Sweet 16 Birthday. Yes I know noone ever believes me when I tell them my age but now you all know hehe (: Planning a party for 200 people, with goody bags is EXTREMELY STRESSFUL haha I don't advice you to do it on your own like I did, get a party planner! Yet it turned out good and I had some amazing sponsors, amazing goody bags and an amazing Photobooth so thank you everyone who contributed. Along with the party I planned my most favourite boutique West LA held their own little party for me with my friends, including cupcakes with my name on, photobooth and 20% discount for everyone invited to spend in the store! So generous of you all and I had an amazing time, love all you girlies!
















Last but definitely not least I have had such amazing friends and family with me every step of the year and I seriously couldn't do it without them. They make me laugh, they make me smile and we have fun, they get me! I love them all so deeply and I am so happy they can share this journey with me. So here is is 2012 is gone and 2013 is here, atleast the world didn't end because I now get to keep living my dream and now might be a good time to tell you all that after 7 years in Dubai I will be jetting off to England in the summer to start my future there, a just have some big exams to do first and then I am 100% in but I will be back every holiday and I hope you still all follow me and you will see what I get up to in England. Yes it is big but I am ready for a bit of change, I do hope London will like me and fingers crossed modelling will go as I hope it will there. But for now I am still in the desert and am very excited at what this year will bring. Follow me on my next adventure in this New Year. Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!










Share:

1 comment

  1. ha omg louisa, you dont know how long it took to read the whole thing, but ofc am glad I read it :') I know london will like you ofc as everyone does but dubai will no doubt miss you! and am very happy for youuuu... hope 2013 brings you everything you wanted
    xoxo
    Hanss

    ReplyDelete

© vintagerunways x omh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig