Thursday, October 8, 2015

Keys to the fashion industry: iD magazine explores the history of British fashion





I am glad everyone liked my post yesterday about British Vogue's mini series on Youtube so I wanted to also post about one of the mini series on Youtube iD magazine has done. First of all iD magazine is my favourite magazine as it is all about our generation, the up and comers, the streetstyle etc so when I saw they were doing a Youtube series about the history of British style tribes I was so excited! There are 8 episodes in total, all about 12 minutes and they talk about all the different fashion tribes that have happened through British history and how they have influenced fashion.



Being a fashion buying student, one part of my job is to be a trend spotter which is ofcourse by looking at streetstyle, social media, celebrities etc but fashion also repeats itself so looking back the history and the past trends always helps - the flare jeans are back in these season and also the green Mod jackets (Kanye defs brought that back in). Because of all those factors watching this series was so interesting and inspirational again like the British Vogue one, in addition you realise fashion does a whole circle! Enjoy!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© vintagerunways x omh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig