Saturday, January 9, 2016

Designer Love/Inspiration : Faustine Steinmetz



Before Uni I went to art college and studied photography, history of art and textiles. For my last collection I used denim and one of the the designers I used for inspiration was Faustine Steinmetz, now being a fashion buying student I still like to look out for designers I like and put in a little folder as I may of the opportunity to buy their items when I graduate and become an actual buyer. Faustine
is Paris born and is a London based designer, another reason I love following her career is because she did an MA at Central Saint Martins, therefore she is a UAL alumna as I will be when graduated.

I love her designs as they are a mixture of masculine and feminine which is how I like to wear my own clothes. She uses delicate craft to create pieces that are actually so wearable, many artists create beautiful garments but they aren't always 'wearable' more of a piece of art. I would definitely wear every piece of Faustine's collection. 

Anyway the meaning of this post is because I start back at uni next week and I am forever making sure I know what it happening in the British fashion world so I follow many magazines, websites, blogs etc including 1Granary - magazine created by Central Saint Martins students. They posted an album on their facebook page about how Faustine Steinmetz now has her fist campaign which was shot by Arnaud Lajeunie and I wanted to share it with you to show which designer is my inspiration atm. 








Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© vintagerunways x omh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig